Professional Tile & Grout Cleaning | Carpet Cleaning Company in Prospect, KY
Maintaining Tile and Grout the Right Way
Prospect homeowners often choose tile flooring for their kitchens, bathroom, and living rooms because it provides a pristine and polished appearance that creates an atmosphere of luxury. Like all flooring types, tile floors must be maintained properly, and hiring a reputable tile and carpet cleaning company to perform tile and grout cleaning services regularly will ensure that your floors remain in good condition for a long time.
Routine Grout Cleaning & Maintenance
Daily or at least weekly, tile and grout cleaning will allow deep cleaning to be completed with ease, whether you do it yourself or hire a tile and carpet cleaning company to perform this maintenance task. Mild or neutral grout cleaners work best because they won’t damage your tile and grout. Neutral grout cleaners with a pH of 7 can be applied and then left for 3 minutes before it must be wiped away with a clean, damp cloth. Water should be used sparingly during grout cleaning.
Thorough and frequent grout cleaning is important, so don’t hesitate to request assistance with your tile and grout cleaning and maintenance. If you’re looking for a Prospect tile and carpet cleaning company that you can trust, reach out to Advanced Carpet Cleaning to hire our qualified professionals for tile and grout cleaning services.
More Grout Cleaning & Maintenance Tips
- Avoid pushing water and dirt into the grout lines when mopping your tile floors.
- Don’t use bleach to clean colored grout to prevent discoloration.
- Use safety glasses and gloves when cleaning with a chemical-based grout cleaner.
- Instead of attempting to clean flaky or broken grout, hire a tile and carpet cleaning company to replace the grout and address water damage problems.
- Eliminate dust and dirt by sweeping or vacuuming before using water to clean tile and grout.
- Tile and carpet cleaning companies recommend using stiff nylon brushes for deep cleaning tile and grout because metal bristle brushes can cause damage and toothbrushes can be too soft.
- Using acidic products like vinegar isn’t advised for tile and grout that consist of alkaline materials such as slate, travertine, and limestone. If you clean with acidic products, test the product on an obscure area of the tile and grout, rinse the area effectively, and neutralize the acid by applying baking soda to the section of tile.
- Apply grout sealer in between deep cleanings to prevent dirt and water staining and extend the longevity of your grout.